NorthSide Bank was founded in 2005 by a group of local business men and women who valued their community and wanted to provide their friends, neighbors, and associates with a true community bank to care for their financial needs. This group of visionaries recognized the advantages a community bank offers:
- Community banks focus attention on the needs of local families, businesses and farmers. Conversely, many of the nation’s megabanks are structured to place a priority on serving large corporations.
- Unlike many larger banks that may take deposits in one state and lend in others, community banks channel most of their loans to the neighborhoods where their depositors live and work, helping to keep local communities vibrant and growing.
- Community bank officers are generally accessible to their customers on-site. CEOs at megabanks are often headquartered in office suites, away from daily customer dealings.
- Community bank officers are typically deeply involved in local community affairs, while large-bank officers are likely to be detached physically and emotionally from the communities where their branches are located.
- Many community banks are willing to consider character, family history and discretionary spending in making loans. Megabanks, on the other hand, often apply impersonal qualification criteria, such as credit scoring, to all loan decisions without regard to individual circumstances.
- Community banks offer nimble decision-making on business loans because decisions are made locally. Megabanks must often convene loan-approval committees in another state.
- Because community banks are themselves small businesses, they understand the needs of small-business owners. Their core concern is lending to small businesses and farms. The core concern of the mega banks is corporate America.
In September 2005, NorthSide Bank opened its first office in Adairsville, GA.
In November 2005, the second office was opened in Cartersville, GA.
And, in March 2008, the third office was opened in Calhoun, GA.
Thanks to the efforts and support of its shareholders, directors and employees, NorthSide Bank remains a locally owned and operated community bank, committed to supporting the financial needs of Bartow, Gordon, and surrounding Georgia counties.
Source of Community Bank Advantages: Independent Community Bankers of America