All NorthSide Bank checking accounts come with:
Compare Personal Checking Accounts
|SIMPLE STAR Checking||STAR SECURE
|GOLDEN STAR Checking|
|Good for you if…||You are a student or someone with no credit history looking for your first account||You want a basic no-worries account||You want to keep your finances safer and take advantage of smart discounts and savings||You are at least 50 years of age and enjoy lots of extra perks|
|Min. Opening Deposit||$25||$25||$100||$100|
|Monthly Service Charge||$0||$0||$5||$0|
|Free e-Statements or paper statements with check images|
|Free ATM usage nationwide|
|Free 3×5 size safe deposit box or discount on larger size|
|IDProtect® Identity Theft Monitoring and Resolution Service||Resolution
|Cellular Telephone Protection|
|Travel and Leisure Discounts|
|Debit AdvantageTM Buyer’s Protection & Extended Warranty|
- Paper statements are available upon request for a $2 per month statement fee for GUIDING STAR and SIMPLE STAR Checking Accounts.
- eStatements are optional and available upon request for STAR SECURE and GOLDEN STAR Checking Accounts. Paper statements will be mailed if you don’t request eStatements.
- Mobile Banking requires enrollment in Online Banking. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply. Please see Mobile Banking Agreement and Disclosure for more details.
- Mobile check deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Please see Mobile Deposit Capture Terms & Conditions for more details, including funds availability, deposit limits, proper disposal of checks, restrictions, and terms and conditions.
- NorthSide Bank offers different overdraft protection options, including STAR Pay Overdraft Program, Overdraft Protection Plan – Linked Accounts, and Overdraft Protection Line of Credit. Not all account types are eligible for all overdraft services. Some restrictions may apply. Please see Overdraft Services page and Star Pay Disclosure for more details.
- Additional fees may apply other than the monthly service charge. Please see NorthSide Products and Fee Schedule.
- Interest is earned on all balances, compounded daily and credited monthly. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change after account opening.
- NorthSide Bank automatically rebates any fees you may be charged at other ATMs nationwide.
- IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners and their joint account owners. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s). For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member (Fiduciary is not covered).
- Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance.
Insurance products are not a deposit; not FDIC insured; not an obligation of bank; and not guaranteed by bank or any affiliated entity.